• Applicants may be individuals or in teams not exceeding five owners.
• Applicants must have a qualifying business to be accepted into the SUV Program through Manitoba Technology Accelerator (MTA). A qualifying business is one that is incorporated either in the applicant’s own country, or one that has completed the initial steps to incorporate with the Government of Canada.
• Each applicant for the SUV Program must hold 10% or more of the voting rights attached to all shares of the corporation outstanding at the time of application (maximum 5 people as owners). As well, applicants and the designated organization must jointly hold more than 50 per cent of the total voting rights attached to all shares of the corporation outstanding at that time.
• All qualifying applicants must have funds of a minimum $24,949 for a single-family applicant. These funds, and anything higher, will meet the 52-week period requirement for single-family applications. Please contact your MTA designate for more information on how these numbers my affect you and your family.
• Successful applications must meet the language requirements set out by the Government of Canada.
For more information on the government side of the SUV program, click here.