1. Contact a Manitoba Technology Accelerator (MTA) designate and request the SUV Program Package. View contact information by clicking here.
2. Once your business plan and application are received, an MTA designate will review to determine whether your company is a proper fit for MTA.
Note: application and processing can take 2 - 6 weeks, depending on the information provided.
3. Upon acceptance into the SUV program, MTA will send you a Letter of Support.
4. Once you’ve received your Letter of Support, it is time to apply for your work permit!
Note: Most work permits take up to 8 weeks; however, this is subject to change dependent on government processing time.
5. MTA will help you prepare for your move by providing a Welcome Packet that includes information about Winnipeg schools, hospitals, neighborhoods, real estate agents, and restaurants.
Fees: The monthly fee for this program is $2,500 for a one-person team. If your team consists of two or more owners (up to 5 owners are permitted) this fee will rise respective to the number of people on your team.
Entrepreneurs who qualify for the Start-Up Visa (SUV) Program may qualify for:
- A temporary work permit in as little as 8 weeks
- Permanent residence in as little as 12 month
- Office space
- CEO mentorship
- Accounting services
- Networking opportunities